Back to Business Services Home Page

Business Services Guide


For payroll questions please contact:

Cecilia Quintanilla Payroll Technician (925) 485-5227
Michelle Tong Payroll Technician (925) 485-5226
Lori Benetti Payroll Manager (925) 485-5228
  FAX: (925) 485-5286


***Click here for changes to paychecks and direct deposit notices***

For detailed instructions on "How To Retrieve Your Pay Check or Direct Deposit Pay Stub From CLASSWEB" : Click here


Compensation Studies

Salary schedule adjustments related to the compensation studies will be reflected on the July 28, 2016 paychecks/direct deposit advices. Refer to the board action for details:

Classified/SEIU Local 1021 - October 20, 2015 Board Action

Board item 3.4

Board Packet - Detail A, B, C, D, E

Confidential Employees - June 21, 2016 Board Action

Board item 3.5

Board Packet - Detail 1, 2

Supervisory Employees - June 21, 2016 Board Action

Board item 3.6

Board Packet - Detail 1, 2

Check Distribution

All CLPCCD employees are paid the last working day of the month and receive an earnings statement, which provides detailed information regarding earnings, taxes, deductions, benefits, and leave balances. Payroll checks are either mailed to the employee's home or are distributed to employees through their departments via campus mail. Submit a Salary Warrant Distribution form to Payroll to change or set up distribution of your paycheck. Paycheck changes effective July 2016 can be found in the Current Happenings section of the Business Services Guide.

Direct Deposit

CLPCCD encourages the use of direct deposit to ensure prompt delivery of your earnings. Submit a Direct Deposit form to set up automatic deposit of your earnings to your checking or savings account. Complete the form and attach a voided check to the form. Generally, direct deposit is effective after two pay periods provided the form is received by the payroll deadline date according to the Payroll Deadline Schedule. Direct deposit changes effective July 2016 can be found in the Current Happenings section of the Business Services Guide.

Employees needing to change accounts on an already existing direct deposit must submit a Direct Deposit Change form. Payroll needs to be notified immediately if an account is closed so they do not submit funds to a closed account.

Sick Leave

Sick leave is posted to the record once a year at the beginning of the fiscal year. If an employee leaves employment, the sick leave accrual will be adjusted for the partial year. Sick leave accumulated at retirement will be transferred to STRS/PERS for service credit. Sick leave balances are posted each month on your paycheck or direct deposit earnings statement. The balance does not include any time taken from the 16th through the end of that month.

Refer to your Bargaining Unit Agreement for sick leave specifics.

Pay Periods and Leave Reports

Absence Requests

Absence requests are used to obtain prior approval for an expected absence, e.g. vacation, personal necessity, jury duty, floating holiday, etc. Sick leave must be recorded after the employee returns from the absence. Absence requests must be approved by the immediate supervisor. This report is due in the Payroll department according to the Payroll Deadline Schedule.

The following forms must be used by the classifications below:

403(b) and 457(b) Plans

Employees may set aside money for retirement on a pre-tax basis through a 403(b) and/or 457(b) plan. These plan contributions are deducted from gross pay before federal and state income taxes are calculated. The employee determines the amount they want to contribute to the plan, up to a maximum determined by the IRS. The steps to set up plans are as follows:

  1. Review the list of eligible vendors at the Envoy Plan Services client center. Envoy Plan Services is the district's third party administrator for our plans. After determining which company you want to select, contact this vendor directly to set up your account. This needs to be completed first so that when payroll deductions begin, vendor can post these funds to your account without delay.
  2. Complete the salary reduction agreement: 403(b) or 457(b). This allows the district to begin your payroll deductions. These forms can be faxed to Envoy directly at (877) 513-2272 or the district at (925) 485-5286. All salary reduction agreements need to be received by the last working day of the month to be effective the following month.

You may log in to Envoy's participant web site to view activity related to your account. Click here for more information. You may also contact the Envoy Customer Service Center. Click here for IRS limitations for the current calendar year and the previous two calendar years. Click here for general information on the retirment plans.

Transit Plan

Employees can save taxes on their commute costs by enrolling in this plan. The transit plan allows an employee to have a specific monthly amount (up to IRS maximum) to be exempt from taxes. Employees that wish to enroll in the plan must complete the EBS Flexible Spending Accounts Enrollment Form and submit it to the Payroll department. Payroll will deduct the amount authorized on a pre-tax basis. The employee will receive a Visa® card from Employee Benefit Specialists (the district's third party administrator) at the beginning of the next month with your deduction amount loaded onto the card. Employees can use this card to buy Clipper cards, BART tickets, bus tickets, van pool, etc. This plan cannot be used for bridge tolls, gasoline, etc. The amount of the deduction can be changed or stopped at any time with a new authorization form.

Vacation Pay-Out

Employees receive their remaining vacation balance at retirement or resignation.

Payment of Last Check

California Labor Code section 220 exempts school districts and community colleges from California Labor Code section 201, which provides for immediate payment of employees whose employment has terminated. Employees are paid their final pay on the next scheduled payroll cycle.

W-2 Form

Employees may obtain a copy of their W-2 Form through CLASS-Web.

On the next screen you may click on Printable W-2. You will be asked to re-enter your PIN. Once you enter your PIN and click on Submit, you will see your W-2 form, which you can then print.

Contact Information

Please contact Lori Benetti if you have questions regarding Payroll. She can be reached at (925) 485-5228.