Maintenance and Operations
Maintenance and Operations is responsible for maintaining the district’s facilities and equipment at the highest level of maintenance, cleanliness, appearance and safety possible. M&O also works closely with the vice chancellors, district’s architects, facilities project managers and contractors to accomplish major capital and deferred maintenance projects.
M&O is a district organization working at and in support of the two colleges. The services it provides include:
- Respond to service requests and work orders in a timely manner.
- Develop deferred maintenance five-year plan for submission to the State Chancellor’s Office.
- Secure grants and other competitive funding sources for maintenance and physical improvement projects that will benefit the colleges, as well as apply for State Chancellor’s Office funding for major deferred maintenance projects.
- Obtain grants and coordinate with regulatory agencies on removal of hazardous substances.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on college and district facilities.
- Clean and service campus facilities, including buildings and offices and grounds. Wash windows and paint buildings.
- Service and maintain district-owned vehicles.
- Shampoo carpets, strip and wax floors, and refinish special facilities such as gymnasium and courts.
- Maintain all athletic and playing fields and lawn areas, including thatching, aerating, and fertilizing.
- Prune and maintain trees, trim ivy and shrubs, plant flowers, control weeds and pests, install landscaping and conduct beautification projects at the campuses.
- Keep the campus grounds clean and free of trash and graffiti.
- Replace filters and service HVAC units at the campuses and clean and service boilers. Service electrical substations and transformers.
- Operate and manage computerized work order system.
- Clean and maintain parking lots.
- Assist the campuses in commencement exercises by preparing the campus and providing event set-up and assistance.
- Implement energy conservation projects.
- Conduct minor repair and construction projects involving skilled tradespeople including electricians and carpenters.
- Maintain storm drains, campus irrigation and wells.
- Provide emergency response assistance to the campuses in the event of an emergency.