Information Technology Services (ITS) Department
To provide a realiable and efficient network infrastructure to support the District-wide enterprise services available to our students, employees and community. We work collaboratively to select the appropriate district applications systems, support the installation and upgrades, and consider improved options when appropriate. We utilize our technical skills to ensure the availability of these computer resources and maintain the integrity of these resources. We strive to identify, review, and promote new emerging technologies that would expand our environment to meet any new challenges that arise to support instructional and administrative needs.
Our Information Technology Services goals focus on the following:
- Stability of our district equipment and automated information systems
- Guarantee secure access to these systems
- Provide the necessary training as new system changes occur
- Collaborate with the colleges and district personnel for new technology solutions that provide improved service and functionality
- Establish standards for district-wide computer hardware and software
- Maintain and monitor technology performance standards to meet the infrastructure needs
- Continuously enhance processes and procedures to adapt to our changing environment
- Ensure that technology is more accessible to all constituencies
- Provide high customer service levels and good quality solutions to our students, faculty, and staff
The ITS department is comprised of networking/desktop support, programming, operations, and user support/staff training. We provide service for all administrative and faculty computer users as well as students who use CLASS-Web, The Zone web portal and student email - Zonemail. These needs are met by:
- Purchasing, maintaining, and providing systems administration and daily
operational support for the administrative host computer systems of the
- Supporting the users of administrative technology via a District-wide
- Planning, purchasing, maintaining, and supporting the data communications
and network infrastructure of the District.
- Setting standards for Administrative Desktop Software in use throughout
- District-wide long-term technology planning.
- Supporting Bond initiatives for network infrastructure upgrades, hardware and software installations for new technology requirements, and construction projects for conduit, fiber, and cabling for data and voice needs.
Send your questions or comments to the ITS Webmaster